This website is operated by AMOREPACIFIC Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., a company incorporated in Malaysia and having its registered address at Suite 13.01, Level 13, Centrepoint North, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200, Kuala Lumpur. (hereinafter referred to as “AMOREPACIFIC”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
- What We Collect
- How We Use your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Data Transfer
- How We Protect Your Information
- Your Choices
- Communicating With Us
- Changes to This Policy
What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information that we collect:
Activity Items to be collected Registration
First name, Last name, Email address, Password, Mobile phone number, Gender (Female/Male), Birthday (dd/mm/yyyy)
In addition to the above, we may automatically collect information regarding your activities on our websites, such as cookies*, IP addresses, visit history, service history, and unauthorized use history. Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are able to visit and access our websites with the supervision of a parent or guardian, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
We do not generally collect any sensitive information as that term is used in the privacy legislation (including information relating to racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, criminal record, state of health or medical history). We will only collect sensitive information where required by law or with consent. If we hold any sensitive personal information, that information will only be used and disclosed by AMOREPACIFIC for the purpose for which it was provided. If we ask for sensitive information, we will explain the reason for such request.
The provision of your personal information is voluntary – if you choose to not provide us with your personal information or any other information requested, we may not be able to process your request, orders or carry out the purposes described below.
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data, until you request otherwise, and/or as long as the law requires. Please contact us using our contact details provided below, if you have any questions with respect to our data retention practices.
*Additional notice mobile application users:
We collect your location data through your mobile device to provide you with information on promotions available at Etude House stores near you. You may later change your settings to stop collection of your location data and receipt of notification as further described in section 7 below. Collection of location data is only applicable to mobile application.
How We Use Your Personal Information
AMOREPACIFIC primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may also use your information to track your purchase history, to contact you for account and promotional purposes, and to advertise or recommend products and services tailored to your interest through our website, mobile application, email and other means of communication. You must create a registration profile in order to use our service, otherwise we will not be able to carry out your request or orders. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and to prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
AMOREPACIFIC may share your personal information in the following circumstances.
- Companies that perform services for us, such as sending postal mail, e-mails and SMS, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, providing customer service and corporate affiliates.
- In some instances, AMOREPACIFIC may share your personal information with other companies within the AMOREPACIFIC group of companies for various reasons related to AMOREPACIFIC’s business including customer strategy and growth, investment and any corporation-related exercise including but not limited to restructuring, merger or divestment.
- Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- Other instances. AMOREPACIFIC may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
The entities with whom AMOREPACIFIC may share your personal information (as described above) may be located outside of Malaysia. Please refer to Section 5 for further information.
AMOREPACIFIC will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by all third parties in accordance with this policy. We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent. Should AMOREPACIFIC enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
AMOREPACIFIC may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information: We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Behavioral-based advertising: A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
Considering it engages in global businesses, AMOREPACIFIC may provide or transfer your information to the companies located in other regions to administer and/or operate certain functions or services on our behalf. For the places where the personal information is transmitted, retained or processed, AMOREPACIFIC takes reasonable measures for protecting that personal information.
How We Protect Your Information
As commonly understood, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although AMOREPACIFIC will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
Your Options What you need to do Access your personal information You will be informed of the personal data that is being processed by logging into your online account and clicking on the “My Account” page Updating or Correcting The Personal Information Relating To Your Account You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page. Receiving Mobile Message, E-mail, E-Receipt You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail and mobile message preferences on your “My Account” page. Delete Your Information You can delete your information and withdraw your consent at anytime via “My account” page of the website, ask to the counter or contact us by e-mail.
Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact AMOREPACIFIC’s personal information management officer by phone or e-mail:
Office no: 60322897888
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Changes to This Policy
Effective as of Sep.2019